At the beginning of the XXI century bandura art received a new impetus in its development, which contributed to a significant modernization of the status of the bandura in the Ukrainian musical culture. This manifested itself in the enrichment of the performing repertoire with works of various genres, the growing popularity of the instrument in the media space and its appearance on numerous art venues in the country. The work highlights the activities of the Lviv Bandur Fest, which, with its appearance, has offset the shortage of concerts where modern bandura could be heard. The study revealed progressive tendencies to change the stereotypical interpretation of the instrument as exclusively archaic. Genre and style diversity (jazz, soul, rock and World Music, electronic experiments) and modern compositions point to the inexhaustible potential of the bandura as an instrument not only of the past but also present and future, which contributes to the development of national music culture.
How to Cite
2. Lytvynova, D. (2021, Veresen 15). Naitsikavishi podii V Lviv Bandur Fest [The most interesting events V Lviv Bandur Fest]. ZAXID.NET. https://zaxid.net/naytsikavishi_podiyi_v_lviv_ bandur_fest_n1526196?fbclid=IwAR1lKIge4I6jxtBTuEek-HKFrw6Nz_GmUixeiBiE3c16_ ExK-CLoH5F-Gc8
3. LVIV BANDUR FEST (2021). [LVIV BANDUR FEST]. Vgorode. https://lviv.vgorode.ua/event/ festy valy/a1175866-lviv-bandur-fest-
4. Lvivian zaproshuiut na festyval bandurystiv ta didzheiv. Prohrama (2017, Veresen 6). [Lviv residents are invited to the festival of bandura players and DJs. Program]. Tvoie misto. https://tvoemisto.tv/ news/lvivyan_zaproshuyut_na_festyval_bandurystiv_ta_didzheiv_programa_88356.html
5. Sliusarenko, T.O. (2013). Ansambleve bandurne vykonavstvo druhoi polovyny KhKh – poch. KhKhI stolittia mystetski osoblyvosti tvorchykh kolektyviv tsentralnoho ta pivdennoho rehioniv [Ensemble bandura performance of the second half of the XX – beginning XXI century artistic features of creative teams of the central and southern regions of Ukraine]. Ukrainy Tradytsii ta novatsii u vyshchii arkhitekturno-khudozhnii osviti. Kharkiv: KhDADM, pp. 70–73.
6. U Lvovi tryvaie III festyval suchasnoi bandury (2019, Lystopad 5). [The III Festival of Modern Bandura is taking place in Lviv]. Chetverta studiia. https://4studio.com.ua/ novyny/u-lvovi-tryvaye-iii-festyval-suchasnoyi-bandury/.
7. Cherneta, T.O. (2018). Festyval «Bandura music days» yak suchasna forma realizatsii kulturnoi praktyky sohodennia [«Bandura music days» festival as a modern form of realization of today’s cultural practice]. Khudozhnia kultura i mystetska osvita: tradytsii ta suchasnist. Kyiv. pp. 161–163. https:// elibrary.kubg.edu.ua/id/eprint/25605/2/%D0%A2_Cherneta_FBMDSFRKPS_KAEV_IM.pdf