The analysis of scientific and pedagogical literature showed that the term "innovation" means an innovation, novelty, change, introduction of something new. Innovations are not experienced by themselves, they are the result of scientific research, advanced pedagogical experience, individual teachers and pedagogical teams. Therefore, innovative competence is a component of the professional competence of a primary school teacher. To study the attitude of teachers to the problem of innovations in the educational process, their selfassessment of innovative competence to the pedagogical experience of its actualization, a survey of teachers of the city of Lviv and the Lviv region was conducted. 136 respondents, primary school teachers with teaching experience from 1 to 49 years, took part in the research. A complex of theoretical and empirical methods was used (search and bibliographic method, questionnaire, observation and generalization method). The analysis of the teachers' survey gives grounds for the conclusion that the majority of primary school teachers consider themselves innovatively competent, but have certain difficulties in actualizing it. The perspective for further scientific research is the innovative competence of the primary school teacher in the conditions of the implementation of the concept of the New Ukrainian School.
How to Cite
innovation, innovative competence, professional competence, teacher, primary school teacher, new Ukrainian damage, actualization, actualization of the teacher's innovative competence
2. Manako, A.F. (2013). Evolyutsiya ta konverhentsiya vprovadzhennya IKT v osviti yak dzherelo innovatsiy [Evolution and convergence of the introduction of ICT in education as a source of innovation]. Informatics and information technologies in educational institutions, 6, 82–86 [in Ukrainian].
3. Matohniuk, L.O. (2018). Psykholo – pedahohichni zasady doslidzhennya informatsiynoyi kompetentnosti osobystosti [Psycholo – pedagogic principles of the research of the information competence of the individual]. Vinnytsia: LLC Windruk, 240 [in Ukrainian].
4. Oleshka, P.S. (2019). Profesiynyy rozvytok pedahohiv v umovakh osvitnʹoho seredovyshcha pislyadyplomnoyi osvity [teoretyko-prykladnyy aspekt) [Professional development of teachers in the educational environment of postgraduate education [theoretical and applied aspect]. Lutsk: KPIAC "Volynenergosoft", 308 [in Ukrainian].
5. Savchenko, O.V. (2018) Pochatkova osvita v konteksti idey Novoyi pochatkovoyi shkoly [Primary education in the context of the ideas of the New Primary School]. Native school, 37, 3–7 [in Ukrainian].
6. Serykh, L.V. (2019). Osobystisno – profesiyna kompetentnistʹ pedahoha: teoriya i praktyka: zbirnyk materialiv III Vseukrayinsʹkoyi naukovo-metodychnoyi praktychnoyi konferentsiyi [Personal – professional competence of the teacher: theory and practice: collection of materials of the 3rd All-Ukrainian scientific and methodical practical conference], NIKO, 380 [in Ukrainian].
7. Terepa, A.V. (2018). Kryteriyi ta pokaznyky matematychnoyi kompetentnosti maybutnikh uchyteliv pochatkovoyi shkoly [Criteria and indicators of mathematical competence of future elementary school teachers]. Modern information technologies and innovative teaching methods in the training of specialists: methodology, theory, experience, problems, 52, 406–410 [in Ukrainian].
8. Chornobai, V.G. (2014). Profesiyna kompetentnistʹ ta yiyi skladov [Professional competence and its components]. Scientific bulletin of the National University of Bioresources and Nature Management of Ukraine. Series: Pedagogy, psychology, philosophy, 199(4), 409–413 [in Ukrainian].
9. Cherny, A.M. (2018). Profesiynyy rozvytok pedahoha: dosvid, spivpratsya, priorytety na shlyakhu do Novoyi ukrayinsʹkoyi shkoly [Professional development of a teacher: experience, cooperation, priorities on the way to the New Ukrainian School]. Transcarpathian Institute of Postgraduate Pedagogical Education in Ukraine, 53, 40–43 [in Ukrainian].