The article presents the results of the approbation of the electronic textbook, which was created as a means of developing pre-service specialists’ subject competence. The authors note that the e-textbook is an e-learning publication with a systematic presentation of learning content that corresponds to the educational program, includes digital objects of various formats and provides interaction. The advantages of electronic textbooks, features of development and use of Electrical Engineering electronic textbooks for vocational education were substantiated. The expediency of using an electronic book for the formation of pre-service specialists’ subject competence in the electrical field of vocational training has been presented. The levels of formation of subject competence were determined, and the efficiency of using the e-learning tool, which increased the level of student’s academic achievements, was proved. It was emphasized that the introduction of the developed Electrical Engineering electronic textbook gave grounds to state that the material offered in the book motivated the students to study and allowed them to solve learning problems successfully.
How to Cite
information technology, electronic textbook, distance learning, teaching, professional education, information and educational environment, digital learning, subject competence, electrical engineering
2. Balalaieva, O. Yu. (2014). Evoliutsiia poniattia "elektronnyi pidruchnyk,” Onovlennia zmistu, form ta metodiv navchannia i vykhovannia v zakladakh osvity [The evolution of the concept of "electronic textbook," updating the content, forms and methods of teaching and upbringing in educational institutions]. 9, 113–117. Available: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Ozfm_2014_9_34 (in Ukrainian).
3. Bilousova, L. (2012). Naukovo-praktychni aspekty stvorennya ta vprovadzhennya elektronnoho pidruchnyka dlya vyshchoyi shkoly [Scientific and practical aspects of the creation and implementation of an electronic textbook for higher education]. Informatsiyni tekhnolohiyi i zasoby navchannya. Available: http://www.journal.iitta.gov.ua (in Ukrainian).
4. Bin, E., Islam, A., Gu, X., Spector, J.M. and Wang, F.L. (2020). A study of Chinese technical and vocational college teacher’s adoption and gratification in new technologies. British Journal of Educational Technology, 51, 6, 2359–2375, doi: 10.1111/bjet.12915.
5. Buynytska, O. (2011). Vykorystannya elektronnykh navchalʹno-metodychnykh kompleksiv u protsesi profesiynoyi pidhotovky studentiv. [The use of electronic educational-methodical complexes in the process of professional preparation of students]. Informatsiyni tekhnolohiyi i zasoby navchannya. Available: http://www.journal.iitta.gov.ua (in Ukrainian).
6. Chaikovska, I. (2012). Formuvannia predmetnykh kompetentnostei uchniv starshoi shkoly zasobamy informatsiino-komunikatyvnykh tekhnolohii. [Formation of subject competencies of high school students by means of information and communication technologies]. Visnyk Cherkaskoho universytetu, 13, 134–138, (in Ukrainian).
7. Chiu, T.K.F. (2017). Introducing electronic textbooks as daily‐use technology in schools: A top‐down adoption process. British Journal of Educational Technology, 48, 524–537, doi:10.1111/bjet.12432.
8. Engbrecht, J.R. (2018). Digital Textbooks Versus Print Textbooks. Culminating Projects in Teacher Development. 35, Available: https://repository.stcloudstate.edu/ed_etds/35.
9. Enterprise Resource Planning Models for the Education Sector: Applications and Methodologies. (2012). 257. (IGI Global).
10. Hadgraft, R.G. and Kolmos, A. (2020). Emerging learning environments in engineering education. Australasian Journal of Engineering Education, 25(1), 3–16, doi:10.1080/22054952.2020.1713522.
11. Hernandez-de-Menendez, M. and Morales-Menendez, R. (2019). Technological innovations and practices in engineering education: a review. In J Interact Des Manuf, 13, 713–728, doi: 10.1007/s12008-019-00550-1
12. Gerhart, N. Peak, D. and Prybutok, V.R. (2017). Encouraging E‐Textbook Adoption: Merging Two Models, in Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, 15, 191–218, doi: 10.1111/dsji.12126.
13. Laketa, S. and Drakulic, D. (2015). Quality of Lessons in Traditional and Electronic Textbooks, in Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems: INDECS, 13, 117–127, doi: 10.7906/indecs.13.1.12.
14. Modlo, Ye. and Semerikov, S. (2018). Modernization of Professional Training of Electromechanics Bachelors: ICT-based Competence Approach.
15. Shepetko, Yu. (2010). Elektronnyy pidruchnyk yak efektyvnyy zasib pidvyshchennya yakosti osvity. [An electronic textbook as an effective means of improving the quality of education], Informatsiyni tekhnolohiyi i zasoby navchannya. Available: http://www.ime.edu-ua.net/em.html (in Ukrainian).
16. Shupik, I. (2014) Osoblyvosti vykorystannya elektronnykh pidruchnykiv u PTNZ [Features of the use of electronic textbooks in the vocational school]. Naukovo-metodychne zabezpechennya profesiynoyi osvity i navchannya: materialy Zvitnoyi naukovo-praktychnoyi konferentsiyi IPTO NAPN Ukrayiny, m. Kyiiv, Ukrayina, Available: http://lib.iitta.gov.ua/5678/ (in Ukrainian).
17. Shvedchykova, I., Soloshych, I. and Pochtovyuk, S. (2019). Creating educational and research software for integrated assessment of energy consumption and sustainable development of regions. Proceedings of the 2019 IEEE International Conference on Modern Electrical and Energy System (MEES), 23-35, Kremenchuk, Ukraine, 458–461, doi: 10.1109/MEES.2019.8896654
18. Shvedchykova, I. Soloshych, I. Kononets, N. and Grynova, M. (2020). Creation of Electronic Educational Resources for Resource-Oriented Training of Electrical Engineering Students," Proceedings of the 2020 IEEE Problems of Automated Electrodrive. Theory and Practice (PAEP), 1–5, doi: 10.1109/PAEP49887.2020.9240892.
19. Svyrydiuk, V. (2018). E-book “Electric Engineering”, [online]. Available: http://eltech-upal.pto.org.ua/