The article is devoted to the study of modern trends in the formation of public authorities in the cities of the European Union and Ukraine, to the search for ways to choose the most optimal methods. The purpose of the study is to analyze the trends in the formation of public authorities in the cities of the European Union and Ukraine. The tasks that were set and solved are the analysis of the electoral systems used in the elections of local self-government bodies of the European Union countries, the characteristics of the system and the procedure for the formation of public authorities of cities in Ukraine, and the search for ways to improve the latter. It has been found that in the European Union countries there is mostly a tendency to choose a proportional electoral system and, accordingly, the participation of political parties in the implementation of local democracy. A similar trend is observed in Ukraine. The author defends the position that in the formation of representative bodies of the public authorities of cities, the most optimal is the application of the majority election system, which makes it possible to really implement the representation of the interests of the territorial community.
How to Cite
local public authorities, local self-government bodies, local state administrations, electoral system, methods of formation of public authorities of cities
2. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (1996) Konstytutsiia Ukrainy [Constitution of Ukraine]. Retrieved from: https: //zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/254%D0%BA/96-%D0%B2%D1%80#Text (in Ukrainian).
3. Lendel M. (2012) Systemy vyboriv do mistsevykh orhaniv vlady u krainakh tsentralnoi ta skhidnoi Yevropy: dosvid dlia Ukrainy [Election systems to local authorities in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe: experience for Ukraine]. Analitychna zapyska, Rehionalnyi filial NISD v m. Uzhhorod (electronic journal). Retrieved from: https: //niss.gov.ua/doslidzhennya/politika/sistemiviboriv-do-miscevikh-organiv-vladi-u-krainakh-centralnoi-ta-skhidnoi (in Ukrainian).
4. Mykhalchenko M., Samchuk Z. (2010) Porivnialnyi analiz yevropeiskykh vyborchykh system [Comparative analysis of European electoral systems]. IPiEND im. I. F. Kurasa NAN Ukrainy Naukovi zapysky, vol. 50. pp. 267–286. (in Ukrainian).
5. Government of Ukraine (2011) Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 25 travnia 2011 r. № 563 Pro zatverdzhennia Typovoho polozhennia pro terytorialni orhany ministerstva ta inshoho tsentralnoho orhanu vykonavchoi vlady [Resolution of the Government of Ukraine dated May 25, 2011 № 563 On the approval of the Standard Regulation on the territorial bodies of the Ministry and other central bodies of the executive power]. Retrieved from: https: //zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/563-2011-%D0%BF#Text (in Ukrainian).
6. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2019) Vyborchyi kodeks Ukrainy: Zakon Ukrainy vid 19.12.2019 № 396-IX, ostanni zminy 15.03.2022 [Election Code of Ukraine: Law of Ukraine dated 19.12.2019 № 396-IX, last amended 15.03.2022]. Retrieved from: https: //zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/396-20#Text (in Ukrainian).