The article deals with gamification – a modern, intensive method of studying the English language in the process of training of the future specialists at higher educational establishments. It is emphasized that there is a clear necessity to avoid excessive passion for education applications because of a danger of onesidedness and inflexibility in the language studying. The key issue of the article is to highlight the main approaches to the implementation of the gamified process in teaching English at the university in up-to-date conditions (including distance learning), paying attention to the advantages and disadvantages of the mentioned above educational trend, and basing on the pedagogical flexibility.
How to Cite
Gamification, the skills of critical thinking, language studying, positive motivational context, education applications
2. Ouahbi I., Darhmaoui H., Kaddari F. (2021). Gamification Approach in teaching Web programming courses in PHP: Use of KAHOOT Application. Modern Education and Computer Science, 2021, 2, 33-39. Published Online April 2021 in MECS (http://www.mecs-press.org/). DOI: 10.5815/ijmecs.2021.02.04
3. Islam I.J., Md. Sadekur Rahman and Yousuf Mahbubul. (2017). ICT in higher education: Wikibased reflection to promote deeper thinking. Modern Education and Computer Science, 2017, 4, 43–49. Published Online April 2017 in MECS (http://www.mecs-press.org/). DOI: 10.5815/ijmecs.2017.04.05
4. Kotevski Z., Tasevska I. (2017). Evaluating the potentials of educational systems to advance implementing multimedia technologies. Modern Education and Computer Science, 2017, 1, 26–35. Published Online January 2017 in MECS (http://www.mecs-press.org/). DOI: 10.5815/ijmecs.2017.01.03
5. Werbach К. (2020). Gamification. 2020. Retrieved from: https://www.coursera.org/learn/gamification 6. Kapp K. M. (2012). The gamification of learning and instruction: game-based methods and strategies for training and education, John Wiley & Sons, 2012.
7. Kravets N. S. (2017). Etapy stvorennia heimyfikovanoi systemy dlia vykorystannia v navchalnomu protsesi VNZ [The stages of creation of the Gamified system in teaching process]. Visnyk Kharkivskoi derzhavnoi akademii kultury – Bulletin of the Kharkiv State Academy of Culture. Series: Social Communications, 2017, № 50, 198–206.
8. Tkachenko O. (2015). Heimyfikatsiia osvity: formalnyi i neformalnyi prostir [Gamification of Education: formal and informal aspect]. Aktualni pytannia humanitarnykh nauk – Current issues of the humanities, 2015, № 11, 303–309.
9. Deterding S., Dixon D., Khaled R., Nacke L. (2011). From Game Design Elements to Gamefulness: Defining Gamification. Proceedings of the 15th International Academic MindTrek Conference: Envisioning Future Media Environments, MindTrek, 2011.
10. Meske Ch., Brockmann T., Wilms K., Stieglitz S. (2016). Social Collaboration and Gamification, 2016.
11. Gray P. Video game addiction: Does it occur? If so, why? Psychology to Learn: Freedom to Learn, 2012. Retrieved from: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/freedom-learn/201202/video-game-addiction-does-it-occur-if-so-why
12. Abdo Hasan AL-Qadri, Zhao Wie. (2019). Motivation to learn and its relationship to academic achievement among students of basic Arabic schools in China. Modern Education and Computer Science, 2019, 4, 1–12. Published Online April 2019 in MECS (http://www.mecs-press.org/). DOI: 10.5815/ijmecs.2019.04.01
13. Lee J. J., Hammer J. (2012). Gamification in education: What, how, why bother? Academic Exchange Quarterly, 2012, 15 (2).
14. Werbach K., Hunter D. (2012). For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business. Philadelphia, PA: Wharton Digital Press, 2012.
15. Wichitra Yasya. (2020). Rural improvement through education: case study of a learning community telecentre in Indonesia. Modern Education and Computer Science, 2020, 4, 12–26. Published Online August 2020 in MECS (http://www.mecs-press.org/). DOI: 10.5815/ijmecs. 2020.04.02
16. Mindia E. Salukvadze, Guram N. Beltadze. (2017). Strategies of nonsolidary behavior in teaching organization. Modern Education and Computer Science, 2017, 4, 12–18. Published Online April 2017 in MECS (http://www.mecs-press.org/). DOI: 10.5815/ijmecs. 2017.04.02
17. Buhaichuk K. L. (2015). Heimyfikatsiia u navchanni: sutnist, perevahy, nedoliky. 2015. Retrieved from: http://dspace.univd.edu.ua/xmlui/handle/123456789/1319
18. Online service Kahoot. Pedrada, 2015. Retrieved from: https://www.pedrada.com.ua/news/276-kahoot