The article presents a theoretical approach to the process of managing the region’s competitiveness. An enlarged scheme of the mechanism for managing the competitiveness of Ukrainian regions is proposed, which allows interaction of elements of the regional competitiveness management system, as well as achieving a high level of socio-economic development of territories. The economic content is revealed and a comparative analysis of the interpretations of the concept of «regional competitiveness» is carried out. The concept of competitive potential of the region has been supplemented and clarified. It is determined what is meant by the competitiveness of the region, and what criteria underlie this category. The elements of the formed Regional Competitiveness management mechanism are studied in detail, which include: collecting information, conducting an assessment, identifying competitive advantages and «weaknesses», developing a regional development strategy, implementing a management decision and evaluating the results of implementation. A comparative analysis of methods for assessing the competitiveness of regions of domestic and foreign authors is carried out, on the basis of which similarities and differences are identified. The similarity of the considered methods lies in the unity of the object of research. Differences were identified in the following areas: the information base of the study; the number of indicators (indicators) underlying the assessment; and the methods used in the analysis process. It is determined that now there is a need to develop a comprehensive assessment methodology adapted to the conditions of a particular region.
How to Cite
management mechanism, region competitiveness, management decision, assessment methodology, competitive advantages, competitiveness criteria, regional competitive advantages, competitive potential of the region, rating assessment
2. Bohashko O. L. (2019) Sytuatsiinyi pidkhid – suchasna kontseptsiia menedzhmentu [Situational approach - a modern concept of management]. Aktualni problemy sotsialno-ekonomichnoho rozvytku: rehionalni osoblyvosti ta svitovi tendentsii [Current issues of socio-economic development: regional features and global trends]. pp. 165-167.
3. Vasenko V. K. (2019) Pryntsypy menedzhmentu ta yikh vplyv na formuvannia poniatiinoho aparatu [Principles of management and their impact on the formation of the conceptual apparatus]. Vcheni zapysky Universytetu «Krok» [Scientific notes of Krok University]. No. 1 (53). pp. 97-104.
4. Kachula S. V. (2019) Transformatsiia mekhanizmu realizatsii derzhavnoi finansovoi polityky sotsialnoho rozvytku v Ukraini [Transformation of the mechanism of realization of the state financial policy of social development in Ukraine]. Ekonomichna nauka. [Economics.] No. 3. pp. 72-74.
5. Klynovyi D. V. (2006) Rozmishchennia produktyvnykh syl ta rehionalna ekonomika Ukrainy [Location of productive forces and regional economy of Ukraine]. Tsentr navchalnoi literatury [Center for Educational Literature]. P. 728.
6. Kovalska S. T., Martynova I. M. (2015) Zastosuvannia suchasnykh modelei upravlinnia [Application of modern management models]. Ekonomika, menedzhment, finansy: teoretychni ta praktychni aspekty rozvytku: materialy naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii [Economics, management, finance: theoretical and practical aspects of development].Vol. 2. pp. 126-129.
7. Sikaliuk A. I., Permynova V. A., Lytvyn S. V. (2016) Etyka suchasnoho menedzhmentu: sotsialno-etychni tsinnosti maibutnoho upravlintsia [Ethics of modern management: socio-ethical values of the future manager]. Naukovyi visnyk Polissia [Scientific Bulletin of Polissya]. No. 3 (7). pp. 277-281.
8. Sepyk D. (2005) Yndykatory konkurentosposobnosty rehyonov: evropeiskyi pidkhid [Regional Competitiveness Indicators: A European Approach]. Rehyon: ekonomyka y sotsyolohyia. [Region: economics and sociology.] No. 5. pp. 45-53.
9. Simonova V. S. (2007) Teoretychni aspekty stratehichnoho upravlinnia kompleksnym rozvytkom rehionu [Theoretical aspects of strategic management of integrated development of the region]. Rehionalna ekonomika [Regional economy]. No. 1 (43). pp. 145-152.
10. Totskа O. L. (2013) Stratehichne doslidzhennia rehioniv Ukrainy za dopomohoiu SWOT-analizu [Strategic study of the regions of Ukraine with the help of SWOT-analysis]. Lutsk: Skhidnoevrop. nat. un-t im. Lesi Ukrainians [Lutsk: Eastern Europe. nat. Univ. Lesya Ukrainka] P. 180.
11. Tymofiieva S. B. (2016) Konkurentni perevahy rehionu ta vplyv na nykh parametriv rehionalnoi infrastruktury [Competitive advantages of the region and the impact on them of the parameters of regional infrastructure]. Hlobalni ta natsionalni problemy ekonomiky [Global and national economic problems]. vol. 9. pp. 512-515.
12. Tkachuk I., Kropelnytska S. (2007) Modeliuvannia rozvytku ekonomiky rehionu na osnovi analizu iierarkhii [Modeling the development of the region's economy based on the analysis of hierarchies]. Ekonomika Ukrainy [Ukraine economy]. No. 5. pp.79-83.
13. Ashworth G. J. (2010) Personality associations as an instrument of place branding: Possibilities and pitfalls. In: G.J. Ashworth and M. Kavaratzis (eds.) Towards Effective Place Brand Management – Branding European Cities and Regions. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2010. P. 222-233.
14. Kotler P., Haider D. H. and Rein I. (1993) Marketing Places: Attracting Investment, Industry, and Tourism to Cities, States, and Nations. [New York: The Free Press]. 256 р.